Payless ShoeSource Foundation
The Payless ShoeSource Foundation is committed to supporting programs that are focused on serving children and families in need — providing financial support to help meet basic human needs, including food, shelter, clothing and footwear in challenging times and crisis situations.
Our Focus for Giving
The Payless ShoeSource Foundation invests financially in nonprofit organizations that fit within our core focus area: supporting children and families in need. Priority is given to organizations that most directly provide basic human needs, including food, shelter and clothing to families who are facing financial hardships or have been impacted by crisis situations, including natural disasters. Additional consideration is provided to non-profits that can demonstrate a measurable impact in our communities.
Our Foundation Funded Programs
Foundation Grant and Sponsorship Applications
The Payless ShoeSource Foundation is committed to enriching the quality of life in our home community and will consider unsolicited grant and sponsorship requests twice each year (once in the Spring, once in the Fall) from charitable organizations located in Northeast Kansas (Topeka, Lawrence, and Kansas City metropolitan area) with a primary focus on Topeka, KS.
In general, grants are defined as applications for support of programs that directly impact those in need in our community. Sponsorships requests are defined as applications for support of general fundraising events or activities not tied to a specific program.
Grant and Sponsorship Requirements and Restrictions
- Must be clearly aligned with our foundation focus area noted above
- Must be within our geographic focus area (Topeka, Lawrence, Kansas City metropolitan area)
- Applicants must be 501(c)(3) organization in good standing
- The Foundation will only support grants and sponsorships to religious organizations for projects that are nonsectarian and benefit a broad community base
- The Foundation will not award grants to individuals
- The Foundation will not award in-kind donations
- The Foundation will not fund political causes, candidates or legislative lobbying efforts
- The Foundation will not award grants or sponsorships for capital campaigns, debt reduction, travel or conferences
- In general, grants can range up to $25,000
Applications will be reviewed twice each year by the Payless Foundation Board of Directors/Review Committee. Only applications submitted through the Internet Grant Application Module (IGAM) will be accepted.
Application deadlines will take place each year on February 15 and August 15. Applicants will be notified of decisions approximately ten weeks after the application deadline. Please consider this timing as you apply for your grants; for example, if you have an event you are requesting funding for in September, please submit your request for the February deadline to ensure we have time to process and review your request in adequate time for your event.
Procedures for Grant Seekers
- All proposals must be submitted online by 5 p.m. CT on the due date through the IGAM.
- Users will be prompted to create a username and password, unless one has been previously created.
- Save the IGAM homepage to your Web browser favorites to access draft and submitted proposals:
- A compatible Web browser must be used, either Internet Explorer version 6 or higher or Firefox version 1.5 or higher. Cookies must be enabled.
The Payless ShoeSource Foundation team partners with Greater Horizons for administrative support of the Foundation grant and sponsorship program. If you have questions regarding the Payless ShoeSource Foundation, or the grant or sponsorship process, contact email@example.com or toll-free at 877.902.4437. Greater Horizons works closely with the Payless ShoeSource Foundation staff and board of directors on all questions and is the first line of contact particularly for funding inquiries.
Payless Community Disaster Relief Fund
The Payless Foundation Community Disaster Relief Fund is a program launched in 2013 to support our Payless Store Communities that are impacted by disaster. Our stores and our store associates are the cornerstone of our company and our connection to our customers, who support us each and every day and are the reason we keep selling shoes!
Our customers, associates and communities throughout the world have been impacted by a rise in natural disasters. From the shores of the East Coast that were ravaged by Hurricane Sandy to the plains of the Midwest where communities like Joplin, Missouri and Moore, Oklahoma were devastated by tornadoes, we have seen the spirit of communities that come together in the face of tragedy, and we are committed to being a part of the process of recovery and rebuilding.
The Payless Foundation, working with our retail operations team, works quickly in times of crisis to identify needs and provide funds to communities through a variety of non-profit partners in the U.S. Because Payless is a global company, we also support communities abroad through corporate donations that reach beyond our borders to support impacted Payless communities around the world.